Shady Canyon is flanked by two gated entries to the East and West. It features extensive trails, many lined by stone walls modeled after those found in Provence, France.- Perched on a rise near a group of rock outcroppings, the Tennis and Swim Center, which will also serve as the temporary custom homesites sales office, includes a junior Olympic swimming pool and spa. Centrally located to Newport Coast, Laguna Beach and shopping centers such as Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, Irvine Spectrum, and much more.
- Approximately 400 luxury homes and homesites are dispersed within a total of 1,070 acres of some of Orange County’s most pristine real estate
- Luxury custom homesites average 27,000 square feet
- A trail system traverses the community with access to recreational destinations such as Quail Hill and Bommer Canyon
- Centrally located to Newport Coast, Laguna Beach and shopping centers such as Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, Irvine Spectrum, and much more
- As in most rural communities, the curbs are rolled and the outdoor lighting is subdued
- All elements of the built environment reflect the work of highly skilled wood and metal craftsmen, masons and tile setters
- Within the two gated entries to Shady Canyon are extensive trails, many lined by stone walls modeled after those found in Provence, France.- Perched on a rise near a group of rock outcroppings, the Tennis and Swim Center, which will also serve as the temporary custom homesites sales office, includes a junior Olympic swimming pool and spa
- Guard-gated community with both builder semi-custom homes and custom homes. A lot of the homeowners live in the builder semi-custom homes while they build their custom homes
Shady Canyon’s architectural palette is inspired by:
Provence, Tuscan, Adobe Ranch, Santa Barbara and Andalusian styles.
All homeowners are automatically members of the HOA and pay monthly assessment dues.
The Shady Canyon Tennis and Swim Center is available to all residents through the Shady Canyon Community Association* (HOA). This complex offers approximately 3,000 square feet of indoor area in addition to expansive outdoor decks, patios and loggias. It is designed in a refined Santa Barbara Colonial style and is built to the highest design specifications. The Tennis and Swim Center includes many opportunities for socializing, exercising and relaxation.
- A community room for meetings and events (available for use at the end of the sales program)
- A junior-Olympic size swimming pool and deck with chairs and shade structures
- Whirlpool spa at the edge of the deck
- A patio area with a built-in barbecue and outdoor fireplace
- Two tennis courts
- A tot lot, with separate areas for older and younger children
- A view pavilion perched on a rise with panoramic vistas
Shady Canyon Golf Club is at the center of the unique residential and golf preserve called Shady CanyonTM. Golf Club members enjoy use of the Tom Fazio 18-hole championship Golf Course, the Main Clubhouse and the Fitness and Swim Club. The private club embodies the ideals of an institution devoted to the highest standards of the game.
Owner and Developer: Irvine Community Development Company LLC, a subsidiary of The Irvine Company, Newport Beach, California.
Golf Course Architect: Tom Fazio
Golf Course: The private Golf Course incorporates 300 acres of rugged terrain into its dramatic layout. Renowned golf course architect Tom Fazio routed the course’s 18 holes behind crops of boulders, alongside Shady Creek and East Shady Creek, and up to scenic elevations.
Golf Course Yardage: 7,012 from the back tees.
Clubhouse Architect: Altevers Associates
Clubhouse Design: The design of the Clubhouse derives from that of Wallace Neff, who helped establish the architectural reputation of Santa Barbara. This style is distinguished by the Main Clubhouse’s entry tower and by its deep-set windows. The Clubhouse also includes elements such as: loggias; steel French doors that grant access to courtyards and terraces; deep arches and timber-beamed ceilings; wood plank doors and hand-carved accents.
- Main Clubhouse: Approximately 43,000 square feet
- Fitness and Swim Club: Approximately 6,700 square feet
- Golf Course Opened For Play: February, 2002
- Main Clubhouse Opened: December, 2002
- Fitness and Swim Club: Opened February, 2003